Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Time Fighting

     One of the things that I probably waste the most of is time.  Time playing silly computer games or watching stupid TV.  I can say that the one thing I waste time on is really, really studpid.  Time fighting.  I fight with my kids over what they are doing or wearing, I fight with my dogs about where they can sit or lay, I fight with the old men in town about politics, but, the worst by far is time fighting with my husband.  He is a Nimrod at times no doubt.  He is a horrible communicator and an even worse time manager.  The thing is, I am stuck with him for the rest of my life.  Not because I am stuck because of religious beliefs or family dignity, but because I love him.  I can not imagine my life without him.  I could not leave  him if my life depended on it.  So why? Why fight?
     As I am writing this, I am saddened by news that a couple from our Church, recently had a fight that ended very very badly.  Tonight he is in jail, and she is dead.  Everyone is in shock that knew them. He seemed so loving towards her.  I believe he did truly love her.  The problem was not love, the problem was hate.  I am making some assumptions here but follow me for a  minute.  This was obviously not their first fight.  Something happened to cause some kind of evil hate inside of himself for her, the person he loved.  My guess is that they wasted too much time fighting.  Fighting almost always ends in resentment.  Country love songs where he says he sorry and how stupid he had  been make great stories but it doesn't really happen that way.  When we fight, we almost always say things we wish we could take back.  Those are the things that build up and fester inside of us.  They hurt us. 
     My thoughts for today are simply this.  If you love the one your with, don't waste a bunch of time fighting.  This is a really tough one for me.  I kinda like to fight because it makes things exciting,  but it is destructive.  It is something I need to learn to live without.  So tonight when he comes in the door, an hour later than I think he should be, I am going to keep my mouth shut. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment